Cody Brock was running their business on antiquated systems and tech procedures that inhibited employees to complete their tasks in a timely manner. Problems were met with new tech being thrown at old. This created more confusion and inefficiencies.
Something needed to be done to simplify and replace existing solutions.
As Cody Brock ventured out for technology help; interviewing many companies. During this process, we were introduced and invited in for an interview.
During the first meeting, we noticed three challenges needing immediate attention:
- The network needed to be consolidated – one vendor and simplified
- The 10+ year old servers would need to be upgraded or moved to a hosted or hybrid environment
- There were many services and solutions that were being paid each month that were not needed
- A full technology audit would need to be completed.
We offered to outline a proposal, at no cost, for review. The goal was to target the top three pain points. Ultimately, we decided to initially focus on two items –> infrastructure stability and cost savings.
After completing the network cleanup and upgrade using Cisco Meraki, and identifying thousands of dollars in unneeded expenditure, we were asked to stay on as Cody Brock’s technology support.
We developed a full plan to modernize the company over two years. In the middle of the timeline, COVID hit the world, and we were forced to pivot.
New requirements were presented.
The timeline was critical.
The roadmap we designed was modified and expedited. The work from home / remote and hosted portion of the plan was immediately implemented.
Major Milestone Accomplishments:
- Full stack Cisco Meraki implementation
- IT budget cost savings
- Help Desk overhaul and procedures written
- Mobile Networks – Cellular data enabled network in a box for job sites
- Infrastructure modernization
- Financial systems hosted in Azure
- On-premise and cloud hybridization where required
- Phone system conversion to Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Team as a full solution for end to end business productivity
- Work from home enablement for all users
Currently, we are working with the principals’ to keep the technology budget in check, as well as, continuing to support the company’s technology needs.